Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Scones



First off I love to cook. I also love to eat. My Family Loves Scones and kind, but to buy the kit at the store it is $8.00.  Trying to Make It On A Budget, thats a little silly for 16 scones. So I starting looking up recipes for Scones. I found this one, its just a basic Scones Recipe. But I also noticed that it is the basic stuff I have in my house usually.

Recipe

2 Cups of flour
3 tbsp of Sugar
2 tbsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp of Salt
6 Tbsp of Butter/Margerine Cold
1 Cup of Sour Cream
1 Egg Yolk

1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Sugar

Preheat oven 400 degrees
Mix together in large bowl Flour,Sugar,Baking Powder, Baking Soda,and salt.  Add in Butter/margerine and mix until crumbly. Add in Egg Yolk and Sour cream. Mix until it forms a ball. I use my hands its so much easier. Turn dough onto a floured service it will be sticky. Knead until a firm ball. About 8 to 10 times I find is good. then roll it out to about 3/4 of an inch thick. Cut into triangles or what ever shape you want. Makes about 18 triangles. If you have a pastry cutter it works great for this if not I have used a pizza cutter. LOL. Place on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Then with a brush dab milk on top(this will give it a shine) and sprinkle with your sugar.
Bake at 400 for 12 to 14 Minutes.

They are fab just like this or with some jelly or jam.  But if you want to change it up abit you can add what you have ; Nuts, chocolate chips(Like I did here). These both take about 1/4 of a cup. My hubby likes it with English toffe bits and I add about 1/3 of a cup of those.

Very easy and quick Breakfast or After School snack. Hope You enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment