We have alot of projects that have to be done around the house. The floors need sanded and finished, the deck needs the same and to replace a step and I would like a fire pit. I try to save as much as possible by getting stuff on sale. But whats better?
1. Have a list of all supplies you will need for all your projects.
2. If you need wood look for a construction site. Ask to speak to the foreman. Ask him for the scrap. But please have your own truck and load it yourself this is not their job and usually they will let you have it.
3. Habitat for humanity has a retail store in most areas I have 2 one in a relly good part of town that is really expensive and one on a not so good side that is really cheap. I'm going cheap.
4. Don't throw things away until you know there is no repairing it. EX: Dull swing chain looks rusty. What to do Power wash let dry completely in sun. Use a rustoleum spray paint for the chains or metal parts. Ususally hubby or sugnificant other has some extra somewhere. Sand the wood down and polyurathan it some of the poly has a stain to so if you wnated to change color you could. There are so many things to do so for usually less than 15 dollars you can refurb a piece instead of spend $$$ for a new one.
5. If there is something you need always look on Craigslist or other sites for these kinds of things.
These are just a few suggestions and I would love it if you had any more to leave a comment. I am always looking for new ways to save.